Mentor Conversation Guide & Expectations
2020-2021 Mentor Conversation Guide & Expectations
Requirements of mentor meetings each month:
1. Meet once a month for at least 15 minutes.
2. Have a live conversation (not texting). You can video chat, call on the phone, or meet in person.
3. Talk about something faith related during part of your conversation.
4. Students must fill out the following report after each meeting:
Please feel free to use this conversation guide during your meetings with your mentor/mentee. It is not required to use these questions, or to complete all the questions.
1. What job would you never want to have? Why?
2. When do you feel judged?
1. If you created a new way to honor God, what would you do?
2. Something that I love about my church community is...
3. What items do you own that symbolize your faith?
1. What might God calling you toward?
2. What is the biggest problem facing our world today?
3. When I meet someone who I think is very different than me I…
4. My gifts and talents can best help others by…
1. How does a person become close to God?
2. Talk about someone who you think is very religious or very spiritual.
3. The things I admire the most about Jesus are…
Ever-living God, continue to reveal yourself in these conversations. Grant that we may continue to love and care for all the earth and all creation. Through Jesus we pray, Amen.
1. Describe someone you trust.
2. Talk about a difficult decision you had to make.
3. What makes a conversation great?
4. If I were famous, I’d want to be known for...
1. Something that makes my family unique is…
2. What is an important holiday tradition in your family?
1. I feel I am giving the most when I…
2. What if you volunteered for a service project and someone wanted to pay you, would you accept it? Why or why not?
3. Are all people created equal? Are some people born more privileged? How does faith relate to your answer?
1. What is something that Jesus might want to say only to you?
2. Why do you think there are so many beliefs and religions in the world?
3. Some things I believe about God are…
4. If I met Jesus while taking a walk today, we would talk about…
5. Describe a time you prayed a lot.
Faithful God, help us to grow in our faith toward you and in service and love to others. Bless us as we talk, question, laugh, and cry through all of life’s ups and downs. Through Jesus we pray, Amen.
1. What topics/issues do you not like to talk about? Why?
2. How do you know when someone really hears and understands you?
3. What are ways you see God in other people?
1. Describe an important milestone in your life. How did you mark it or honor it?
2. Worship is most significant to me when...
3. Where do you go to talk to God?
1. How can the passions you have be used to create a better life for someone else?
2. Why do you think there are still hungry and homeless people?
1. I want to ask God…
2. What is something you are presently hoping for?
3. What are you most grateful for today? Least grateful for today?
4. Do the things you spend time doing also reflect what you most value? Why or why not?
5. What gives you joy?
6. What pulls you toward God? What pushes you away?
Eternal God, we thank you for each other and for our life together. As they have been a blessing for us, may they be a blessing to others; through Jesus our Lord we pray. Amen.